– 1 cup of oil
– 1 cup of flour
– 2 ½ cups of chopped onions
– 1 cup of chopped celery
– 1 cup of chopped inexperienced bell peppers
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
– ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
– Four cups of hen inventory and Four cups of water
– eight boneless thighs
– 1 pound of smoked sausage (I want a great kielbasa) reduce into ¾ inch items
– 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
– Kitchen bouquet (use this if you would like your roux to be darker, this helps get rid of the period of time you’ll spend making the roux https://bit.ly/3e86wQ1 .)
– Three cups of jasmine rice
– ½ cup inexperienced onions
– File power (sprinkle this on the gumbo combination in the event you want the liquid to be thicker)
Precook the rice, utilizing 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. Cook dinner and set apart.
Take the reduce sausage and boneless thighs and grill them on excessive, searing them on either side. Set apart.
Combine the oil and flour in a chilly iron skillet ideally, after which flip warmth as much as medium, stirring continuously till you get a great deep brown roux.
Add the onions, celery and bell peppers stirring as you add till the greens get tender.
Add the sausage, hen, salt, cayenne and black pepper and water & hen inventory, stirring till all components are mixed totally.
Simmer for Three-Four hours. You need to get rid of the flour style, and the extra you let it simmer the higher the style.
Jasmine rice will ball up, take a hand filled with the rice and pack it in a small bowl, then put the ball of rice into the middle of a shallow soup bowl. Ladle the gumbo combination across the rice, garnish with inexperienced pepper, add file, if desired, and serve.
Obed Kirkpatrich had been cooking since he was 12 years outdated. He has had a number of of his receipts seem in newspapers in Louisiana, one time a full web page dedicated to easy and simple cajun receipts.
He lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for 25 years and it was there that he honed his Cajun cooking expertise.